We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our Alinity solution team.
The ideal candidate is someone who has several years of experience in system development and has either naturally moved into a Business Analysis or Systems Analysis role or is seeking a new career in Business Analysis. You have experience in writing documents for non-technical users including workflow descriptions, user stories and scenarios and business requirements.
Alinity is licensing management software that allows regulatory bodies to manage the process of licensing their members. The software helps provide contact management, work-flow, reporting and payment management. It also provides data integration with upstream provincial and federal systems.
What might a day at Softworks look like in this role?
- You have several years of experience as a software developer and you’re driven by a desire to develop solutions to current business problems.
- You have exceptional writing skills, having mastered the balance of writing for developers and for everyday users.
- You’re recognized by your colleagues and clients as the “go to” person when trying to analyze a complex problem.
- You like the challenge of working with multiple clients and multiple priorities to implement solutions.
- You’re a decision maker – with the backing of your experience, you’re willing to “put a stake in the sand” and try a solution and learn from the experience.
- You’re a life-long learner – you keep on top of topics and trends that are relevant to software development, project management, analysis and IT in general
- You have developed several successful applications in .NET and have an interest in Silverlight and web technologies
- You have a desire to keep on top of emerging trends in software development and IT in general
- You could spend the day meeting with a client to translate their business requirements into user stories or scenarios for the core development team to work on.
- You might work on helping to develop and refine proposals, contracts, quotes and estimates.
- When a critical issue arises, you could be deep into T-SQL or C# .NET code to help resolve a technical issue.
- You may be working with sales staff to meet with prospective clients to help with the technical sales process.
- Or you could spend time working on all of these in a day!
- Competitive compensation with great benefits and profit sharing
- RRSP matching program and paid fitness memberships
- Low stress work environment with a staff lounge, pool table, ping pong table, basketball court, pets-at-work program, and more
- Corporate culture that promotes work-life balance
- At least 5 years of experience with T-SQL and .Net
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Intermediate data and/or process modeling skills
- Experience with an established project methodology
- Applied knowledge of C#, XML, web technologies, object oriented programming and T-SQL syntax
- Bachelor level degree or diploma in Computing Science or related field
- Applied knowledge of XAML (Silverlight or WPF), WCF, SQL Server 2008, .NET RIA services and .NET Entity Framework
- Bilingual - French and English
- Experience with GAAP accounting processes in a business environment
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and/or regulatory body domain
The current version of Alinity's technology base is C# with a MS SQL Server 2008 backend. The web based component uses ASP.Net and AJAX. The next version of Alinity (currently in R&D) is being developed in Silverlight using WCF/RIA services and will be available Q2-3 of 2012.
We are Softworks Group Inc. Our key brands are:
Synoptec - our clinical documentation solution for surgery and pathology reporting and for outcome measurement
Alinity - our enterprise management solution for professional associations and licensing bodies
If you think you are a fit, please email your resume to email@example.com
. Please ensure that you identify “Business Analyst” on the subject line. This position does not offer an allowance for relocation to Edmonton. While all applications will be reviewed, contact will be made with short-listed candidates only.